Dear Horticulture For Healing Loving Friends,
- Our first Plant Care Is Self Care workshop with Pace-Collier in Immokalee Florida amplified Horticulture For Healing’s mission to empower young trans and cis women and girls to claim self care as a right-igniting their inner beauty and power!
* On January 28th 70 participants in grades 6-12 were introduced to plant care in relation to self care.
- I received a super inspiring letter from the executive director of Pace responding to the awesome feedback she received from Horticulture For Healing’s program. She informed me that Pace girls are LOVING the experience! H4H hopes to be hearing from other Pace centers interested in our workshop very soon .
- As mentioned in the January newsletter the See Beautiful Community invited me to reapply for The See Beautiful Grant for the first half of 2021.
*Application was submitted
*We were accepted to the second round in which I was asked to write and submit a blog post to be featured on their website, highlighting our most recent work as a social justice organization and how far H4H has come since receiving our 1st grant in Summer 2020.
- I published a new blog post titled: Plants For kindness Not Exploitation. Check it out : )
On February 18th Pace Immokalee will dig deeper into the roots of self care and feminism with workshop two.
Our next partnership is in the works! I hope to be planning and collaborating with our next women’s center by the end of the month! This will be our FIFTH partnership.
So far in February we are holding a total of four workshops with our current partners. The workshops taking place this month are:
Repot workshops where we will cover the basics of repotting a plant while continuing our discussion on the similarities of caring for a plant and caring for yourself. Familiarizing ourselves with our new plants while prioritizing wellness and self care.
Horticulture For Healing continues to receive generous donations! We are working towards having funds to maintain our current partnerships and build two new raised garden beds at a residential treatment center.
I am beyond grateful and thrilled for this!
All financial contributions go towards the current cost of individual care kits for our current and future partners, at $23.48 per kit.
Our Plant Care Is Self Care Kit and Workshops are designed to encourage individuals to give themselves permission to take pleasure in life within them and around them, regardless of their life background and the disadvantages created by a belittling society.
With your continued support and contributions Horticulture for Healing is now impacting more individuals than I ever imagined. We keep expanding and evolving as the months pass. This wouldn’t be possible without you.
I am excited to have the opportunity to organize and provide a creative healing space for individuals marginalized by a patriarchal society, substance use, life hardships and gender inequality to experience the lasting benefits of horticulture as a form of self care, acceptance, and emotional recovery. 🌱♥️
As always, thank you so much for taking time to read my work and supporting my ideas, goals and aspirations for the Horticulture For Healing community.
Okay, that’s all for now!